Solved how to set thumb size for MS form2 scrollbar (1 Viewer)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:39
I have a need to use a scrollbar that has events - and the built in one doesn't generate an event. I can use the form mousewheel event but users typically like to use a scrollbar for moving rapidly from top to bottom.

I can get the form2 scrollbar to work, but I can't see how to associate the control with a form to allow the thumb to be proportional (plus rather annoyingly the thumb can flash black)- or some other property to do the same - it looks a bit odd when compared with the standard scrollbar.

Alternatively, I can build my own - three examples below. On the left, the built in bar, the form2 version in the middle and a concept on the right
1684543596126.png

So before spending more time, thought it worth asking if anyone knows if the form2 thumb can be resized. And any thoughts about a custom design - I guess I could create one that looks like the standard bar (but they are a bit old fashioned:))

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I did look at using a timer some time ago but dismissed it as I’m using it for something else. But thinking about it there may be another way using a timer class.

thanks for the memory jog😊

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
MS-Forms Scrollbar has a ProportionalThumb property.
just noticed this comment - yes I know, but so far as I can see there is no way to set it size, documentation suggests it need to be associated with a form - but just found an example

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yes - that is what the link I provided shows -it's actually the smallchange/largechange properties

just have the problem of the thumb flashing when the mouse is not down and the focus is still on the scrollbar control

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom