How to startup my form only without Access's default form (1 Viewer)

sm0000

Local time
Today, 16:45
I am trying to display only my form on startup.
Tools-Startup allows you to eliminate"Database window" default menu and toolbar but I can't eliminate "Microsoft Access" window.

I don't know if there are other settings that I am not aware of or there has to be code built.

Thanks in advance
Sebastian

MStCyr

Local time
Hi

Simply create a bitmap with whatever design you want and name it the same as your database, and place the bitmap in the same directory as your database.... this will eliminate the Microsoft Access startup screen

sm0000

Local time
I might have not explained myself clearly.
By default Acces wii open:
"Microsoft Access" window & "database" window and then my form.
I only want to see my form

I believe, Your sugestion with bitmap refers to application icon in tools-startup but that doesn't solve the problem.

MStCyr

Local time
If you want to see your form on startup then set it thru Tolls->Startup.

NO >- I believe, Your sugestion with bitmap refers to application icon in tools->startup but that doesn't solve the problem.

The suggestion was based on your original question pertaining to not seeing the Microsoft Access window ... that's exactly what I sent you.

Simply create a bitmap with whatever design you want and name it the same as your database, and place the bitmap in the same directory as your database.... this will eliminate the Microsoft Access startup screen

sm0000

Local time
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your help but I don't understand how bitmap prevents "MS Access" window from showing up.
If it does, how is bitmap linked to Access?

Thanks
Sebastian

MStCyr

Local time
sm0000 said:
Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your help but I don't understand how bitmap prevents "MS Access" window from showing up.
If it does, how is bitmap linked to Access?

Thanks
Sebastian

This is one of those undocumented features in Access.
This is one of those 'settings' that you were not aware of until now.

You haven't tried my suggestion have you? Just because you have no idea of this works does not mean that it does not.

All I'm trying to do is give you the benefit of some 16 years of Access developement experience..

You stated - >I don't know if there are other settings that I am not aware of or there has to be code built.

sm0000

Local time
You have to excuse my ignorance as I come from Oracle world where logic of db is "slightly" different.

I have two DB's:
Notes.mdb - repository of queries, forms, reports and codes
NotesDB.mdb - repository of tables

I created notes.bmp and notesdb.bmp in the same subdirectory.
I haven't done any changes to access.
When I start it up I still see 3 windows: "Microsoft Access", "Database" and myForm.
I only want to see myForm.

This might be a stupid question; should bitmap somehow become foreground for "Microsoft Access" window and consequently hide it or a background for myForm?

I am attaching screenshot of what I am looking for.
In this case "Notes" and "Notes: Database" windows will not be visible and application will start up with "Main Form"

Thanks
Sebastian

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 179

MStCyr

Local time
sm0000 said:
You have to excuse my ignorance as I come from Oracle world where logic of db is "slightly" different.

I have two DB's:
Notes.mdb - repository of queries, forms, reports and codes
NotesDB.mdb - repository of tables

I created notes.bmp and notesdb.bmp in the same subdirectory.
I haven't done any changes to access.
When I start it up I still see 3 windows: "Microsoft Access", "Database" and myForm.
I only want to see myForm.

This might be a stupid question; should bitmap somehow become foreground for "Microsoft Access" window and consequently hide it or a background for myForm?

I am attaching screenshot of what I am looking for.
In this case "Notes" and "Notes: Database" windows will not be visible and application will start up with "Main Form"

Thanks
Sebastian

Hi

You only need one bitmap, the one for your Notes.mdb, which is your front end database

The rest of the items are set from the Tools--> Startup area. The first item is display form, so select MainForm, then untick Display database window, this will hide the database window.

I normally take this one step further, where I create a Splash Screen for the opening, where you can set the time that the window remains visible.

If you still have a problem with this, send me both the front end and back end databases and I'll take a look at it. My email is stcyrm@aol.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom