How to view my Localhost website from my mobile Browser?

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:09
I have tried all my google searches but still cannot rectify the same. Please help.

I have created a vb.net webform app. It's properly loading on laptop's Browser (Edge) both on Https and Http but not on mobile. Please help. Both devices are under the same wifi only but still not. Thanks :)

You have to make your development server serve on the local network and not just on localhost.

I don't know vb.net (my guess is that it uses some form of IIS), but there is usually a switch to serve over the local network when starting the dev server.

Developing a Web form to receive orders from customers. Currently receiving orders through WhatsApp voice messages or through SMS messages. Just a single form is needed. Will make it responsive to mobile screens later. Anyways, i am very curious to know the answer for this question now before considering alternatives. My question is simple. How to view a IIS default website in a mobile browser running on the same network?

When you view your form on your local machine you can enter localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the address in your browser.

But your mobile must access it via your machine's IP on the LAN (e.g. 192.168.1.x)

However, the dev server must also be serving to all the addresses on the LAN, and not just the localhost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom