Solved Microsoft Access: Edge Browser Control Clipboard Sharing Issue (1 Viewer)

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:57
Hello everyone!

I am reposting the question from the thread message link. I am working with the Microsoft Access Edge browser control where I need to share the clipboard inside the new Edge browser control, and I am having some difficulties getting the standard keyboard shortcuts to work (Ctrl+X, C, V, A). At the moment, I am resorting to using the right-click contextual menu, but as you might imagine, this is far from ideal and the right-click does not work when using inside any custom editors (e.g the TinyMce editor).

I have attached an example database below for reference, in case anyone needs a quick overview of what I'm trying to achieve. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice on how to get the keyboard shortcuts working properly inside the Edge browser control. If anyone faced this issue or know any workarounds, please let me know.

1682973968989.png

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Mohsin

Local time
Today, 04:57
Maybe it's one of those policies where you can not do something that wasn't triggered by a human and therefore it needs direct access to chromium's API for that to work. Have you tried not using the clipboard and instead dumping the data in a variable? Have you tried using the navigator.clipboard method?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:57
@Mohsin Malik
You forgot to attach your sample database though I looked at it in the other thread.
I never saw the message bar shown in post #1 but could replicate your results.

Perhaps the shortcuts are blocked for security reasons, but if that were the case, I'd expect the right click context menu items to be disabled as well.
I'll alert @JoeJimenezMicrosoft to see if he can assist.

In the meantime, I suggest you try the API methods I use to handle the clipboard in my example app

I haven't had time to test this myself yet

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, @isladogs for sharing the example app link and alerting Joe. I will give the clipboard method a try and report back. @JoeJimenezMicrosoft , we truly appreciate your prompt attention and willingness to investigate this issue. Your assistance is invaluable.

I have attached the example database and included another form frmTinyMce, where you can see an error message from the TinyMce editor stating that the browser does not support access to the clipboard (please refer to the provided screenshot for the steps). Looking forward to any insights and solutions for this issue.

1683237487234.png

Attachments

• Clipboard Test.accdb
    380 KB · Views: 102

Local time
Today, 04:57
Just a little heads up, I do not have that browser control but I went to the website of your image and I can see that the menu that you are showing is a custom UI of the component. Pasting with the UI of said component does not work on my everyday browser, which means that the same message appears on my end using Firefox as I try to use its paste menu. Using the browser's paste function works as expected, as well as ctrl+v, what does not work is their UI paste.

Mohsin Malik

Registered User.
Local time
Just a little heads up, I do not have that browser control but I went to the website of your image and I can see that the menu that you are showing is a custom UI of the component. Pasting with the UI of said component does not work on my everyday browser, which means that the same message appears on my end using Firefox as I try to use its paste menu. Using the browser's paste function works as expected, as well as ctrl+v, what does not work is their UI paste.
Thanks for the heads up, you may be correct with the UI paste in menu. We are experiencing a problem with the Edge browser control where the Ctrl key combinations for cut, copy and paste doesn't function within the web browser control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom