Hyperlinks question (1 Viewer)

Sazzle

Local time
Today, 15:39
I am setting up a vast contacts spreadsheet as an interim (could be some time) solution before databasing. I have 2 worksheets. The first is full of hyperlinks for the user to click on. They are taken via the link to a second worksheet in the same workbook, the hyperlinks and destination cells are specific to a company.

My problem is that the destination w'sheet will be constantly up-dated, and as I insert rows the hyperlinks need to move with the data. Currently they are felling out of sync.

I have tried to 'absolute' the hyperlink set-up per entry, but this doesn't work. Can this be done? I am quite new to this mass data manipulation and would appreciate some help.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I think if you name the cell you are linking to then it will work, I thought that this was explained in help but it a long time since I looked

Brian

Sazzle

Local time
Thanks... I took a read through help, but couldn't pin anything down.

Many MAny Thanks

Sazzle

Local time
Thanks. I can't have been reading very thoroughly to have missed this in help.

But your advice was spot on. I have created all the links to named cells that I need... and it works a treat.

One more though... I hope I haven't missed this is help AGAIN !

How do I get each hyperlink named destination cell to (open);display at the top of the users screen? At the moment if the destination cell is at the bottom of the screen that is where it dispalys for the user.

(I have some fussy/lazy list users her I think).
Many Thanks from a relieved learner,
Sazzle.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't know is the simple and honest answer , but I will scratch around to see if I can come up with something , but don't hold your breath.:D

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Nope didn't come up with anything automatic to place the jumped to link at a chosen place in the active window, and anything less than totally auto would be slower than using the mouse's scroll wheel. Where the link appears depends on where it was when the spreadsheet is saved/closed.

Brian

Sazzle

Local time
Thanks Brian. My users will just have to exercise their scroll wheel finger !!

Many Thanks for your help
Sazzle.

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:39
It is a screen resolution, placement issue, and not easy to do. Far beyond my capabilities (although that is is not necessarily saying much ;) ). I will see if there is a link to this. It may be in Stephen Bullen's (et al) recent book, Professional Excel Development.
________
Druze Forums

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom