Import Specification is not working right

NJudson

Who farted?
Local time
Today, 16:59
I'm using Access 2k and I'm importing a text file. I click on "Advanced" to create/edit my import specification and I want to have 15 fields in the import spec but whenever I save it removes the Field15 that I added and saves it as only Field1 through Field14. Am I missing some crucial piece of information as to why I cannot add another field to my import specification. The file I'm importing is about 300 records and about the 35th record I have 15 fields of data but since it only will save to the Field14 it's chopping off that last field of data.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'd really appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Last edited:
You may have run into a bug. Can you add a 15th field to the first record to determine if it is a bug?

Thanks Pat. Sorry I haven't responded for a while...was on my honeymoon. The only way I could get it to work and save the import spec correctly was to go into the text file and manually "fudge" the first line of data to create that extra field. Then when I imported it access saw 15 fields. I think Access only looks at the top 25 lines or so to make it's default wizard decisions on data type and number of fields, so maybe your right that there is some sort of bug with that. Everything seems to be working now though. Thanks again.

Congrats :) Yes, the wizard only looks at the first n rows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom