incoming and outgoing transactions (1 Viewer)

a7mad1990

Local time
Today, 17:45
I need an open access database to send and receive letters "Reports" from user To another Users Not using Email Or WhatsApp

but by using The Database

The idea: The Engineer sends to the Project manager after that the project manager sends to the finance department and finance will do that and this will give a sign to the Engineer.

All the above by using Access Database

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:45
Shouldn't be a problem as long as all users are sharing the same backend. You can create a table for the messages with a column to identify the recipient. When the user opens the app, you can run a query against this table to display any unread messages.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:45
@theDBguy has the right idal. Don't think in terms of send/receive because that is a feature that occurs with email and the phone and messenger apps but not Access. Think in terms of a task list. Tasks get posted to a single table with information on who needs to take action.

If your people log in to the application, you can filter the to do list to the logged in individual or you can use the Environ("UserName") to determine who is logged in. You can add attributes like due date and importance so make things stand out to the user.

a7mad1990

Local time
Today, 17:45
this is my database

PLZ Help Me How

Attachments

• 9-3-2023.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 83

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:45
@a7mad1990 welcome to the Forum. Let me tell you a little about how forums work. People who love to help other people VOLUNTEER their time and expertise to help others to learn how to use Access. No one is here to work as your employee. No one here gets paid to help you although some of the experts will take the occasional paid project. That is between you and them and the owner of the website doesn't want to know about your agreement or get involved. If you choose to try to find someone for your employer - NOT YOU - to hire, look for people who are actual experts. They will have high post counts and been around for many years. You might get lucky and find someone who speaks Arabic - Insha'Allah:)

You need to put in the effort to understand your project and attempt to create the necessary objects to implement it. If you have trouble understanding concepts or don' understand the details of how to implement something, there's always someone here to help. Sometimes, it will be an actual expert and other times it will be someone just like yourself but who might be a couple of days further along in his journey of learning than you are.

Sometimes, if your project is common and well defined, someone will post a working sample or even throw one together for you if they think it has general usefulness. But, no one is ever going to build your app for you, especially when you have not even bothered to think about it at sufficient detail to envision how it will work.

I'm going to guess that English isn't your native language. That makes the process more difficult but not impossible. Start by describing what you are trying to accomplish and think a little about how your users might like the feature to work. Then try Google translate. If you know any English at all, read the English version as a sanity check. Sometimes the conversion of technical language can get pretty amusing.

Last edited:

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:45
To add to the great ideas and support from the previous posts here is a link to a free utility that would allow you to build a custom Access-based chat system into your application.
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom