Information from other forms auto filling (1 Viewer)

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:08
Hi,

Ok i promise this is my last post over this damn database (mainly because i never want to see another database again after this) :banghead:

I dont know if it will be easier to send some wonderful person the database and talk them through the problem but essentially it is this:

on the order form there is a button for delivery notes

you press the delivery note button - tick what is being delivered and the qty and then print the delivery note.

when you then go back to the order form there should be a tick in the delivered column next to the item that has just had the delivery note printed for it .... but it doesnt :confused:(but used to when being run off access 95)

when you then click on the item for more details it should show the final qty delivered (from the delivery note) and the date it was delivered. but again it doesnt despite doing so in the old version.

The only box that seems to have any sort of control source in it is the final qty box which says

=DSum("[Qty]","Delivery Notes","[Item Number]= '" & [Item Number] & "'")

I think the problem is that the information from the delivery note isnt getting saved anywhere but im not sure and at the end of my tether with it now (last time i do a favour for anyone who is using 20 year software! lol)

Thank you so much really really really hoping that you wonderful guys can help me out once more.

Es x

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If the checkbox is unbound then you won't see any changes
Bind it to the appropriate field.
If you still see no changes, requery the form

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
I should add that everything is showing as it should on delivery notes that were done on the access 95 database so it is something in the transition that hasn't worked and im not sure what - although i cant find where the hell the information from the delivery note is saved .... or how it works :(

Thanks guys

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
no the checkbox appears to be bound - i am pretty sure i have narrowed it down to the info on the delivery note not being saved. but dont know how to rectify it :(

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
Ok, i have very nearly figured it out but need you guys for the last bit.

The sub form which is called "order items to deliver" should feed the information into the table which is called "order item header" but it isnt.

when i add the information into the order item header table myself everything works perfectly.

so how do i get the form to update the table? and why isnt it?

Thank you

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Isla - no this isnt it, i understand how a subform works .... the problem i have is that the subform isnt updating the table behind it and i cant work out why i always thought it was an automatic thing.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If the controls are bound, that should happen as soon as you move out of the control. Perhaps other code is preventing that happening?

Try adding the line : If Me.dirty Then Me.Dirty = False to force a save

Access has got less forgiving of code errors over the years so it may be that you need to step through the code to determine what's happening

Have you got Option Explicit at the top of your code module?
Have you compiled your code to check for code errors?
Do you have error handling in your code?

On a different subject, you MAY be able to do me a favour
For research purposes I need an old Access 95 file with a password.
Do you have something you can upload/email that I can look at?
See this post from earlier today: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=301876

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:08
I wonder if you have a missing reference. On the new version of the app, open any code module in design view. Go to tools/references and look to see if one of the references starts with the word -

MISSING

If any do, you will need to figure out how to fix it. You might need to install some software that is missing or perhaps change the version of some Office app that the Access app references.

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
ok have totally recreated the form and the subform and as if by magic the broken bit now works ..... the bit that did work (feeding it into a report) now doesnt however :banghead:

As for access 95 with password - yes i have one you can have BUT i have no idea what the password is .... i had to send it through access 97 to get rid of the passwords. :cool: If you still want the original access 95 file let me know and will send it to you .... it was apparently the height of technological prowess when it was built so it is a good example of how far access has evolved if nothing else lol

Esjaye

Registered User.
Local time
I wonder if you have a missing reference. On the new version of the app, open any code module in design view. Go to tools/references and look to see if one of the references starts with the word -

MISSING

If any do, you will need to figure out how to fix it. You might need to install some software that is missing or perhaps change the version of some Office app that the Access app references.

im clearly doing something very wrong because i dont even get references appear in the tools menu! :banghead:

i do think the problem is with the translation from access 95 and it being less forgiving with the coding as it seems to be working as i am replacing vast chunks of it.

Thank you for your suggestion though and taking the time to reply.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
As for access 95 with password - yes i have one you can have BUT i have no idea what the password is .... i had to send it through access 97 to get rid of the passwords. :cool: If you still want the original access 95 file let me know and will send it to you .... it was apparently the height of technological prowess when it was built so it is a good example of how far access has evolved if nothing else lol

Hi
I haven't received an email from you - could you please zip before sending in case Outlook blocks the attachment

I don't need the password as I'm going to view the file in a hex editor. I should be able to work out the password with little difficulty - in fact that's precisely what I'm trying to check BUT the file needs to be Access 95 format.

If you have anything from even earlier - Access 1 or 2 ... that would be an added bonus

Many thanks in advance

im clearly doing something very wrong because i dont even get references appear in the tools menu! :banghead:

You need to look in the Tools menu of the Visual Basic Editor

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:08
Access 95 was pre VBA and so the conversion from Access Basic to VBA took place here. There were articles written at the time that talked about the conversion. You might still be able to find some.

You might convert from A95 to A97 first so see if that has fewer problems with the code. Then go to A2003 and then to A2007.

This of course assumes that you still have copies of all these versions. I haven't had to do one of these really old conversions in a long time but around 2007 I had to convert an Access 2.0 for a client. It was pretty much a nightmare and I only survived because the client had a copy of A2000 that I was able to install on one of his PC's. I didn't even have an old computer with a version of Windows that would allow me to install either A2.0 or A2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom