"insert Parameter Value" (1 Viewer)

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Today, 06:35
Hi,
I have a problem with a variable value. I have 2 tables calles FIles and Persons and i want to create a relationship between them one-to-many (More files for the same person) because a file can have the same number of file but not the same date. So for this relationship i have created a third table having as rows the primary key of the Files table and Social security number from the Persons (because in the persons table the social security number is unique).
For this i had created 2 variables and gave them as primary value the value zero.
After i insert in the tables with DoCmd.RunSql data about files and persons i assign to that 2 variables the values of the primary key and social security number:

Dim dosarid As Integer
Dim pfid As Integer
dosarid = 0
pfid = 0

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tblDosare (DenumireDosar,CodDosar,DataDosar,Instanta) VALUES ('" & Me.txtDenumireDosar & "','" & Me.txtNrDosar & "','" & Me.txtDataDosar & "','" & Me.cmbInstanta & "')"
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tblActIdentitate (Tip,Serie,Numar,CNP,DataEmitere,Emitent) VALUES ('" & Forms!frmPrincipal!subfrmTipVersus!cmbTipActId & "','" & Forms!frmPrincipal!subfrmTipVersus!txtSerie & "','" & Forms!frmPrincipal!subfrmTipVersus!txtNumarAct & "','" & Forms!frmPrincipal!subfrmTipVersus!txtCNP & "','" & Forms!frmPrincipal!subfrmTipVersus!txtDataEmitere & "','" & Forms!frmPrincipal!subfrmTipVersus!txtEmitent & "')"
dosarid = DLookup("[DosarID]", "[tblDosare]", "[DenumireDosar]='" & Me.txtDenumireDosar & "'")
Me.txtDenumireDosar = ""
Me.txtNrDosar = ""
Me.txtDataDosar = ""
Me.cmbInstanta = ""
Me.cmbLocalitate = ""
Me.cmbTipVersusDosar = ""

If Me.subfrmTipVersus.SourceObject = "frmPersoanaFizica" Then
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tblPersoaneFizice (Nume,Prenume,CNP,Localitate) VALUES('" & Me!subfrmTipVersus!txtNume & "','" & Me!subfrmTipVersus!txtPrenume & "','" & Me!subfrmTipVersus!txtCNP & "','" & Me!subfrmTipVersus!txtLocalitate & "')"
pfid = DLookup("[PersoanaFizicaID]", "[tblPersoaneFizice]", "[CNP]='" & Me!subfrmTipVersus!txtCNP & "'")
DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO RDPF (DosarId,PersoanaFizicaID) VALUES (dosarid,pfid)"

This is not all the code but the problem is: The code works fine but when it comes to the variables a message appear "insert parameter value" and the variables does not take the values from the table with dlookup.

If anyone can suggest a solution i will appreciate it.
Thanks!!

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:35
Hello Bogdan!

In DLookup try this:

...............& Me!MainFormName!SubformName!Fieldname & "'")

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Thanks but...

This will not work because Me stands for Forms!MainFormName.
I am more interested in how can i take those values from table with dlookup instead of typing them when "insert parameter value" occurs.

Last edited:

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Then try:
..........& Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName!FieldName & "'")

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Same problem

I had tried. The program works the same but the same problem occurs: the variables do not take the values from the table with dlookup. I don`t know what to do because errors do not occur...
Thanks

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Is the field CNP numeric or text.

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Cnp..

CNP is text i corrected and declare it string and not gave initial value zero but still don`t work

jkl0

jkl0
Local time
Today, 09:35
Not sure if this will work but try.

..........& Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName!Form!FieldName & "'")

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom