Issue with .mde (1 Viewer)

Zaeed

Registered Annoyance
Local time
Today, 19:44
Hi,

I've just applied a password to my backend file, relinked the tables on the frontend thus applying the password. Everything works fine..

However, I seem to be unable to save a new .mde version of my FE.

It says it does it, but no new file is created!?!?!?

Anyone know how to fix this?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:44
Have you tried compiling the FE to make sure no compile errors exist? If so, are you trying to overwrite an existing mde file or creating one where there is no other one existing?

Zaeed

Registered Annoyance
Local time
It compiles fine.. And i'm trying to create it in an empty folder.. Nothing happens..

It was working fine until I applied the password to the backend.. I'm really confused about this.. It works perfectly fine as a .mdb file..

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
My first inclination is to say - are you absolutely sure of which path the mde is supposedly being created? Perhaps you think that it should be going to one spot but it is actually going to another (I've done that before myself). Double check the full path from the dialog box.

Otherwise, which service pack level are you at? I've been trying to locate the service pack rollups to see if a problem like you describe has been fixed in one of them.

Zaeed

Registered Annoyance
Local time
Just did a compact repair on it and it works now.. The first run gave an error saying it couldn't open the file because access didn't recognise it or it was corrupt, but it worked the second time..

Most odd

Zaeed

Registered Annoyance
Local time
Thanks for your help Bob..

How do you find out what service pack is installed?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Thanks for your help Bob..

How do you find out what service pack is installed?

Go to Window > About MS Access (or something like that)

and it will show you the version level including SP1, SP2, or SP3 (for Access 2003).

Zaeed

Registered Annoyance
Local time
Hmmm, looks like no service packs are installed..

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I would at least get to SP2 (SP3 introduced a lot of problems and there are hotfixes to take care of it but I might stop at SP2).

Zaeed

Registered Annoyance
Local time
Hmmm, might have to give the IT guys a call and see what they can do.. Don't have high hopes though.. (They still run IE6 here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom