Solved JAR/WAR replacing Winsock MS Access VBA (2 Viewers)

nector

Local time
Today, 12:43
We are now required to replace Winsock with JAR/WAR distributable files as the way to send information from one server to the other server. However, this method appears to be new to me any idea how this works with MS ACCESS VBA and Json strings.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:43
I don’t but try googling- most references I saw related to excel but would think code could be adapted to access. Doesn’t look like it will be an easy shoe-in however

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:43
We are now required to replace Winsock with JAR/WAR distributable files as the way to send information from one server to the other server.
This is a very vague requirement. I suggest you clarify with those imposing the requirement what it means exactly.
JAR is a Java ARchive, WAR is a (Java) Web Application aRchive. They are means to distribute Java applications or libraries.

If you are using Winsock to communicate with a server now, why can't you continue doing that in the future? I guess the web application you are communicating with doesn't mind how web requests are generated as long as they conform to the API specification.

Java libraries can be compiled to native code on Windows and then used with Include/Declare statements from other Windows applications, such as your VBA code. - That might be an option use Java code on the client side.

As stated, clarify the requirements to identify more concrete questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom