Ken Higg hits 10,000 posts (1 Viewer)

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:15
Join me in congratulating Ken in reaching the 10,000 post mark. Although it can be said that a great number of them have been in the Watercooler, it is still quite a feat (only 4 others have done it so far here).

So, congrats Ken and here's looking for 10,000 more (although hopefully most of them will be in the tech areas :D )

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:15
He says 'watercooler' as if it's a bad thing?:D

Thanks for the help you've given me (in the technical area).

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:15
Please do hurry up, Ken.

Your posting rate isn't keeping up with inflation rate.

;)

KenHigg

Local time
He says 'watercooler' as if it's a bad thing?:D

Thanks for the help you've given me (in the technical area).

You all are more than welcome - :)

Not sure why I got the cheap shot about the 'cooler :(

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 01:15
Presumably then Bob, you can see how many posts are in the watercooler and how many are directed at helping others. This being the case, perhaps there is someone out there who may be able to set up some sort of a program to monitor this activity and perhaps a small graph can be added to any achievement threads?

I for one would welcome something like that, being aware that the majority of my posts are in the watercooler for two reasons, firstly most of the questions I have can be found in previous posts and secondly I don't have the technical confidence to attempt to answer most of the questions posted. Oh, there is a third reason, I am a bit of a "gabby annie" lol.

KenHigg

Local time
Bob, I have no plans on getting into a pissing match with you here. To me it was a cheap shot and a shallow attempt to get me back for a disagreement we had a while back. And even though I could care less about some silly post count thanks for the thread all the same - :)

KenHigg

Local time
No, it wasn't - and I'm sorry you don't believe that. If that was the case then I wouldn't have even posted the thread to begin with. In Rich's case I am not sure yet whether I would even announce the thing because of what I've said.

As for coming back with telling me that it was a cheap shot again, and not taking things the way I explained them, fine - you can believe what you want and I will have no further dealings with you. I don't need the aggravation.

And I too am sorry you feel that way :( I truly appreciate all you do for the forum but, (change in direction :) ) the sooner you realize that this is not the 'Bob Larson' show and there are a lot of other people helping out simply because they like helping out, and not for superficial recognition like post counts or reputation, the better.

Perhaps next time when you intend to post a complimentary remark you can re-read through it and make sure it could not be misconstrued as condescending :). Otherwise I'm afraid the mistake may be made again. :)

If this whole thread is going to be baggage for you please feel free to delete it - :)

Thanks again for moderating the forum - :)

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 01:15
Perhaps most of Ken's technical "help" is actually asking for help not giving it. How does one know if it's a question or answer he's giving by just looking at post counts?

Col

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
Well, in spite of the turn in the tone of this thread, you still have my appreciation for your contributions Ken.

KenHigg

Local time
Thank you

Thank you so much. Thank you all.

Well, this isn’t exactly the party I’d planned, but I sure like the company.

I want to start today by saying how grateful I am to all of you,to everyone who poured your hearts and your hopes into this forum, who drove for miles and lined the streets waving homemade signs, who scrimped and saved to raise money, who knocked on doors and made calls, who talked and sometimes argued with your friends and neighbors, who emailed and contributed online, who invested so much in our common enterprise, to the moms and dads who read to our posts, who lifted their little girls and little boys on their shoulders and whispered in their ears, "See, you can be anything you want to be."

To the old people like 60 year-old Rich from the UK, who had been saving for two years to go to Disney World, and decided to use his time instead to log in with his Mom and volunteer here as well. To the veterans and the childhood friends, to New Yorkers and Arkansans who logged in across the country and telling anyone who would listen why you supported me.

(Oh, wait this is Hillary's speech, where's mine...)

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/news/speech/view/?id=7903

KenHigg

Local time
Well, in spite of the turn in the tone of this thread, you still have my appreciation for your contributions Ken.

Thanks - and sorry I managed to twist Bob's good will into a dogfight. :)

(Sometimes I don't know when to shut up. But cupcakes been telling me that for a while now :) )

dapfeifer

Bringing Maverick Mojo
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15
Ahem. . . . . where's the comma??

Col

I believe he means instead of a period there should be a comma:

"Sometimes I don't know when to shut up, but cupcake's been telling me that for a while now."

The correction you made however would also make sense.

But while I'm here, congratulations! Regardless of where you've posted, it's a pretty impressive achievement to reach that mark.

KenHigg

Local time
I believe he means instead of a period there should be a comma:

"Sometimes I don't know when to shut up, but cupcake's been telling me that for a while now."

The correction you made however would also make sense.

But while I'm here, congratulations! Regardless of where you've posted, it's a pretty impressive achievement to reach that mark.

Thanks. Most of them were trying to defend the U.S. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom