Kind of unrelated excel question (1 Viewer)

Uvuriel03

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:14
I know this forum is for access, but my boss wants us to keep using our excel spreadsheet for our inventory until the database I'm building is totally done and error proof...

He wants to try and create a way to track when product gets moved, so he made a sheet in the excel database to log moves in.

The problem is, he wants ME to try to figure out a way to have the column on the main spreadsheet pull the most recent location move from the move sheet. I have wracked my brain, but the way he has it set up, I just don't think there's any way. Excel isn't that capable to do this kind of thing.

Here's a screenshot of how he has this set up:

I actually added the ID column. I was trying to think if there was a way to have the main form do some kind of column lookup, and if the numbers in that column matched [insert number here] (like 1778), then it would find the highest number in [insert other column here] (like "ID"). So, if this hypothetically worked the way I want it to, it would find all lines that match the number 1778 in the Pallet # column, and then of that result, find the highest number from those lines in the ID column.

I stared at my computer for about 10 minutes before I decided that if this IS possible, I'll need some help.

NOTE: My access database ALREADY has a tracking system built into it. My boss just wants a temporary fix for now. You know how it goes.

ByteMyzer

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:14
Well, until your boss let's you use the right tool for the job, the attached file should give you a good idea how this may be accomplished in Excel. See what you think.

Attachments

• Excel_Demo.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 86

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom