Limit field access

TKinzer

Local time
Today, 14:58
I have a report that generates order numbers. I am sending this report from Access to the warehouse so they can fill the orders and plug in the tracking numbers and ship date. I want the warehouse to only have access to the Tracking number and Ship date fields. As of now, they can change and edit all fields. I want it to act like a .DOT protected file in Word, but I want to be able to export my report into this protected format daily so my Order #'s can change.

One way might be to use a make query table in Access on a daily basis to refresh the order #'s. Then, make a form document in Word which pulls from this daily table and could be designed to ONLY allow access/entry into the Tracking #'s and Ship Date fields. You could even use code to build a delimited file of the order #, tracking # and ship dates for importing into Access.

I thought about that. But I really want to stay away from using a form. The warehouse will not be running Access, therefore they must have the report in Excel or Word. I believe there is a way to compile the Access report to include the neccessary elements for a p.c. to use a form without having MS Access loaded onto it, but am trying to avoid that issue. I just want to export the information into a protected Word, Excel, or other type document.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom