Question Linked tables (1 Viewer)

AccessNewBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:35
Hello all, thanks for taking the time to look at my problem.

Hi,
Is it possble to find out if someone has linked a table on my database so they have the linked version of the table in their database?

As you know it is quite simple for a person to open a blank database and select the option to import a linked table and navigate to where a persons database is a see what tables he/she has and select one to link. This means they can view all the contents of the persons table.

I was just wondering it there was a way to see if the above has happened.

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Within Table properties you can set whether it is HIDDEN or not ... as far as I'm aware (and from experience) you can't create a link to a hidden table. Whether a change to this property breaks an existing link I don't know.

AccessNewBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Within Table properties you can set whether it is HIDDEN or not ... as far as I'm aware (and from experience) you can't create a link to a hidden table. Whether a change to this property breaks an existing link I don't know.

Hi PaulO,
Thanks for the reply, i have tried this and it makes no difference a person can still view the tables when navigating looking for tables to link to.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Why don't you keep your database in a folder where that person doesn't have permissions?

PaulO

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry ... then go Tools>Options>View>Show then untick the Hidden objects option

That'll stop 'em!

AccessNewBoy

Registered User.
Local time
Why don't you keep your database in a folder where that person doesn't have permissions?

Yes i agree that is the easy solution, my question was also directed to trying to make the database more secure as some people need to now some data but not all that is why they have access to the folder.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my question thou.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom