Listbox selections to populate child records (1 Viewer)

bmaccess

Local time
Today, 11:55
Hi there

I have this one problem that I am struggling with. I have a listbox (multi selection). The listbox contains all the subjects a school can offer. Students only take seven subjects. I would like to allocate the selected subjects to the child records by clicking a Button on the form to all the one-to-many child records at once if possible or by going to each parent and click the button then populate each child record. Currently I must go to the child record, click on a drop down list choose one subject, then I must go to the next row for the second subject, then go to the next row for the third subject until all seven has been selected. This is a very long and slow process.:( I need to do this for each learner in the one-to-many table. Please any help with VBA code in the Button that can solve this problem. Thanks

Attachments

• Student_Subjects.zip
    691.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

bmaccess

Local time
Hi thanks for that. I will try that. Can I send you or anybody else a copy of my database for a better understanding what I require. I am struggling to upload file here.
Thanks

Much appreciated for your help

bmaccess

Local time
Hi Paul

Thanks for your help. I first compressed it as rar file and I notice the rar was also smaller than 2Mb. I noticed rar is not part of the available files. Thanks I compressed it with built-in zip and the Student_Subjects database has been added. Can you have a look at it and see if you can find a solution for me please.

Thanks
Ben

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What exactly are you having trouble with?

bmaccess

Local time
Hi Paul

Did you manage to open the database and run it? Ok, what I require is that each learner needs to be assign an amount of seven or more subjects. It is time consuming if I have to go to each learner, click on the dropbox and select the subjects one by one. So if I go to the first record I must choose the first subject. Then for the second subject I must go to the next record in the child form and choose the second subject from the list. To do this seven times for one learner is fine. But I need to do this for a whole school with a minimum total of 400 learners and can be a very boring time consuming task. What I would like to do is select the learner then with a click of a button all the subjects from the listbox must go to that learner. Then when I go to the next learner I just want to click the button and the subjects must be assign as child records to each learner.
Thanks for your help. Nowhere on the Internet I can find some solution.
I will really be happy I you can come up with some code. An even better solution will be if I can click one button and assign all the subjects to all the learners in one go.:) If you need any other information let me know.

Thanks
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom