Locating a backend and automatically creating the links for link tables (1 Viewer)

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
Today, 08:39
Is there a way to just select like through a find dialog box, the location of a databases backend location and just automatically create all the links for the link tables...

The reason Im asking, is my boss wants the database to be on his laptop in the event that the network is down, and also so that he can work away from the company's location but I was showing him the implications of having it installed locally on his machine should his laptop go down....

So now I'm wondering if i could

1. do some automation that allows him to just choose the location of the databases backend that he would be working from, be it on the network or on his machine

and

2. using both backends to update or overwrite each other depending on which he was working from or did updates to..

Really would love all the help and input I can get on this... Im willing to work on developing a sample for this if nothing is exactly already out there so that it can be reposted cause i think this would be very useful to everyone's database applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom