Looking For Book Suggestion On Cryptography (1 Viewer)

ADIGA88

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:55
Hi Guys,

I hope you are having a nice day,

I am looking for advice, and what better place to look for advice than the AccessWorld great community.

I like to hear your suggestions on a book about cryptography, practical cryptography. a book covering day-to-day use cases in the IT domain with some explanation about the background concepts and technologies.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:55
i don't know the subject.
but there are lots of downloadable hits.

ADIGA88

Local time
i don't know the subject.
but there are lots of downloadable hits.
This is the problem, there is a lot of material and topics that exist and this is what confused me. I am looking for something not going into much detail that an IT/Programmer can use as a reference.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:55
i saw one book. the title suggests that it has source code, in C.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:55
If you really want just an overview on security including SOME idea of how they work, there are course books. The DETAILED innards of most security methods require you to be a mathematician. But the general ideas and overviews in the course books might be enough. Unless I did not understand your requirements.

From CompTia, you can look at the Security+ course book. From Passport, you can try the CISSP course book. I'm sure Microsoft has a security class offering, too. However, I'm not familiar with that one. When going through EITHER book.... invest in a coffee machine. You'll need it.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:25
In 1928, the young Turing is unhappy and bullied at boarding school. He develops a friendship with Christopher Morcom, who sparks his interest in cryptography.

ADIGA88

Local time
If you really want just an overview on security including SOME idea of how they work, there are course books. The DETAILED innards of most security methods require you to be a mathematician. But the general ideas and overviews in the course books might be enough. Unless I did not understand your requirements.

From CompTia, you can look at the Security+ course book. From Passport, you can try the CISSP course book. I'm sure Microsoft has a security class offering, too. However, I'm not familiar with that one. When going through EITHER book.... invest in a coffee machine. You'll need it.
Thank you Doc, those books will gather all the concepts in brief form and this is what am looking for.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:55
Thank you Doc, those books will gather all the concepts in brief form and this is what am looking for.

You are welcome. I'm only slightly kidding about needing a lot of coffee. SLIGHTLY. Those books might well be the most boring non-fiction books I have read in a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom