Lookup fields in forms...... (1 Viewer)

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Today, 12:41
I am working on a project that I know I am making more difficult then it need be...... Maybe because I started with a form and tried to build everything else around it. The database looked bad...... Now it looks good... normalized as I can see it... But trying to get the information in is being difficult.
The DB has customers, thats no problem. These customers have inspections done to areas for cleaning.
I have done the areas in a drop down, in one table, and the task to be rated as a dropdown in another table. Then finally a rating table....1 to 5.
It is very easy to go in in datasheet view and input the info for each area, then pick a task from the next dropdown and then pick a rating from the final.
Problem is this won't be as easy for someone else to input. So here is the form problem.
Heres how I would like to lay it out. An over all inspection form. Areas inspected and rating (average)
I will use a command button from the main form to open up say "area1"
On the area one form is the first problem....
I want 6 different task to give a rating to...... But these task are on a dropdown....so I can not bring over the field more then once.... or I dont know how..It's getting confusing and I don't think it should be.... its a pretty simple one.
So can anyone guild me to a databse similiar to this? I need to see how one like this is done.

Thanks

GabrielR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:41
can you post a stripped sample of your DB? I think I get the Idea, but it would be simpler if you give us a little sample to work with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom