Macro in Excel to replicate Acrobat command: "Merge supported files in acrobat" (.docx, .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .xlsx, etc.) (1 Viewer)

ExcelNovelU2

Local time
Today, 05:08
Dear partners. First of all, good afternoon, good night or good day and thank you for taking the time to read what is written here. I dare to ask if any of you have had, like the one writing this, the concern to know if there is or can be developed a macro in VBA for Excel on how to replicate, from Excel itself, the Acrobat Pro commands for "Combine files supported in acrobat" and "Convert to Adobe PDF", commands that appear in the conceptual menu of the same office when selecting one or more files from a folder regardless of ending (.docx, jpg, jpeg, png, pdf, xlsx, etc.) and click the right mouse pointer.

In the pages that I have visited I have found the way to convert to PDF and merge certain files in a folder (.doc, .pdf, jpg, .png), but all separately. It should be noted at this point that the methods I have found for image conversion and/or fusion leave much to be desired because they do not respect the image structure, neither in size nor in direction (vertical or horizontal) than the source file. Although, if I found a way to perform the direct conversion to PDF of the images, once these errors were corrected, it would be great for me.

As you can see? Do you think that it is possible or that the form even already exists and you could share it with me? I am not attaching an Excel file or commands from what I have found so far, but if you consider that this will be faster and more understandable, with pleasure.

Sincerely and respectfully, your friend Martín (ExcelNovelU2)

Attachments

• CombinarArchivosPDF.png
    CombinarArchivosPDF.png
    50 KB · Views: 62

ExcelNovelU2

Local time
Today, 05:08
Hello everyone again.

Since I do not see a quorum, in an update to the matter that pertains to this concern, request and idea in which the conversion to PDF of all types of documents (supported in Adobe Acrobat Pro) can be done from an Excel macro so that Those of us who are lazy in carrying out each process step by step and little by little, prefer programs and thus carry it out automatically; I tell you that, indeed, I can already do it (and I suppose many of you do the same), but separately. That is, first of a kind and class by class convert to PDF all the files contained in a folder (doc, docx, xls, xlsx, rtf, txt; image (png, jpeg, jpg, bmp, gif) and same pdf; all this to later carry out the combination of said files to fulfill the objective of having them in a single PDF.

Boring don't you think? Personally, he considered that it is possible, because I know that it is possible, to do all of the above, we say in my country, "in bulk". And I think it's better that way.

Greetings and I hope that one of you had a solution to the concern or something that you could share with me and be able to develop it together.

Excellent day.

Local time
Today, 06:08
This is just an option: https://www.npmjs.com/package/pdf-merger-js

To make it work, "just" do this from MS Access
> Create the individual pdf files
> Move them to a temporary folder
> Run the "merger" app

The "merger" app is just a nodejs app that uses the library of code in the link above and looks for the files in the folder to merge them. To create the merger, you would need to install NodeJS in your system, then download a node package like nexe, which converts your nodejs app into an executable file. Since it's just an EXE file, you can make MS Access run it. I have done this for several different libraries, so anyone can do it.

If you don't want to do any of this, just look for a software that does this through some command line or whatever sort of programmable interface that MS Access can interact with. There must be a few out there. Else, you can always pay for an API REST service, there are plenty out there that will let you merge pdf files for a set price, some of them even have free-tiers that you can take advantage of.

Don't forget to read their terms and conditions, if you're sensitive of what they might do with your data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom