Macro to Send REport to File (1 Viewer)

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:55
Good morning, I have a macro and it prints out a report and runs and update query and that is working ok. Now what I would really like it it do is instead of printing the report, I would like it to send the report to a file, in MyDocuments, and compress it is possible. Each time the macro is run, it should over-write the existing file, ideally. Is this possible with a macro? What changes need to be done to make this possible? Thank you in advance for any assistance.:eek:

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Do you want an actual report image, or something like a CSV file?
For a CSV file use your base query and transfertext macro command to create the file.
If a report image, try the outputto command and see if that will work for you.

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the response FoFa. I have not worked at all with CVS file and I have tried OuputTo, but with snapshot the file is not readable either before or after e-mailing it. With Rich Text and HTML I am being asked what program to open it with. The computer that this will be running on does not have Outlook on it so Send Object is now out of the picture and so I thought if I could output this to a Word file, I could then compress it and send it through roadrunner web mail. The 2 people working with this are not exactly computer smart, so I am trying to automate this as much as possible. I hope I am being clear here and any other ideas will be greatly appreciated,

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Output to Rich Text, word will open that.
Or HTML and allow them to use their browser to open it.
A csv file Excel will open.
OR google and download a free PDF creator and print to the PDF printer creating a PDF file of your report.

My best suggestions.

quest4

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again for the response, but I have tried Rich Text and it does not know how to open, both before and after e-mailing, until you select it then it opens. I have not tried to open HTML with a browser and I am not really sure how to explain it simply to some newbies. I di just find a little code that I am going to try that is supposed to output a report to a text file. Thanks again and have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom