Main Report and Subreports (1 Viewer)

luvphx09

Local time
Yesterday, 20:39
Good morning. I have a one main report and 3 sub-reports. I need help with figuring out how to get the 3 sub-reports to load the information I need without having to put my date in a million times to see my report. I have tried making a form to supply the Start Date and End Date, and i have used the Start Date and End Date text boxes in the main report.

All help is definitely appreciated.

Thanks, :)

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Yesterday, 22:39
Your question is a little vague, but it sounds like you're talking about filtering by form?

Your "form to supply the Start Date and End Date" needs to stay open behind your report. The queries for your reports can reference that form's fields directly in your criteria... look to the Expression Builder to get the syntax right, or something like http://access.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm. Make sure you get the queries working right before trying to combine the reports.

luvphx09

Local time
I am trying to print one report with the sub-reports included. I would like the sub-reports to bring back data within the same date range as the main report without having to key the date in several times.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
That's what the popup/search form is for, yes.

Every report (query) can reference the same Form.searchForm.StartDate field.

luvphx09

Local time
I am still having problems. I think I need step by step instructions. I just cant get it to work. My sub-reports keep pulling data by day instead of grouping them together to show the totals for each prompt I enter for a whole week.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Can you upload a stripped-down version of your database? You'll have to ZIP it up because you have less than 10 posts... just remove any confidential data, and only leave enough records to show what you want to do.

luvphx09

Local time
I have uploaded the file. Thanks for any help you can give me. The report I am trying to print is labelled rInvoice.

Thank you.

Last edited:

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
rInvoice looks at [FORMS]![DATERANGE].[TEXT10] And [FORMS]![DATERANGE].[TEXT12] in one place, but the free parameters [BEGINNING AFENO] And [ENDING AFENO] in another. Put all the fields into your DATERANGE form and you'll avoid the multiple entry thing.

Also, this probably isn't your current problem but "Date" is a reserved word in Access, and shouldn't be a field name. Call it something like CaseDate or anything more descriptive.

luvphx09

Local time
Ok, next problem. I thought I had all my subreports bring back a summary. For instance, one of my reports should summarize each craft, total the row and on the bottom show a grand total. Instead the subreport is going day by day and showing each craft total for each day. I would need a full week grand total for each craft.

Thanks again for any help! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom