Major Validation Rule Violation!! (1 Viewer)

adz2013

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:13
I am haveing the biggest problem. I have been working on this issue for a week now. I have a make table query that runs no problem. Then I am appending that data into another table. The table that I am appending to is EXACTLY the same as the make table. All that I am doing is moving all the data to a working table (this is neccesary). There is no primary key or validation rules. The problem is that when I append the data I keep getting an error that 95% of the records will not append because of a validation rule violation. I then tried to copy the data and paste it in the table and it worked. PLEASE HELP!

Fizzio

Chief Torturer
Local time
Is there no way you can cut out the first step and just append directly to the working table without creating the 'temporary' table first?

adz2013

Registered User.
Local time
I tried that also. It did not work either. I got the same error. I also tried making a new database and I have the same problem.

vangogh228

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:13
Don't validation rules apply as object field properties? Things like "limit to list," etc? Check your target table to see what validation rules apply to the fields in that table, and then look to see if the data being imported into the table violates that rule(s).

adz2013

Registered User.
Local time
There are no validation rules on either table. I also made all of the text fields in the second table a length of 100 so there would not be any size issue. The only other fields are Date/Time fields.

adz2013

Registered User.
Local time
After I copy and pasted the records in the second table. I ran the append query again and it still said that the records could not be appended because of a validation rule violation, not a primary key violation. It did not even see the records that I copied. Has anyone ever seen something like this before. I have been doing this for 4 years now and this is a first for me.

adz2013

Registered User.
Local time
David thank you for refering me to that post. Some of my fields did not allow 0 length. That fixed most of the problem. Then I figured out the rest, so thank you all for your help!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom