Question MDE has no toolbars? (1 Viewer)

adi32

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:41
I have created a mde from access 2000 mdb
I open it in a pc with Access2003 runtime but it has no toolbars
Its ok like that?

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 12:41
Yes, this is normal for the runtime version.

When using the runtime version, user can only do those things for which you, the developer, have provided options. The runtime version is not a version where the user can use Access as they would if they had an installed copy.

If you need toolbars, then you will have to create them.

adi32

Registered User.
Local time
to create from the mdb like custom?

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the problem with runtime is that there are no toolbars, and more importantly no toolbar facilities eg filters, A-Z sorts, possibly import/export facilities and also no debug protection - any runtime error will immediately crash the program

you have to provide all this facility yourself

personally, i think if you are using access, its worth the extra £70/$100 whatever to buy thr thing properly

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 12:41
The runtime version of Access is intended to be used when a custom database application developer had completed the entire development process and is ready to deploy the application. There is much more to this than just an Access.exe file that can be used to open an Access file. Originally Microsoft made available a product which they called the "Developers Edition". In this version of Access, there was some deployment tools which allowed the developer to package all of the necessary dlls and any other required files along with the installable runtime package for using Access. This allows developers to createl fully workable applications and then sell those applications to end users with no license fee required by Microsoft.

Now, Microsoft has made the "Developers Edition" which they now call the "Developer's Extensions" available for free. Just down load it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom