Merge PDFs in Access 2013 (1 Viewer)

AlexTeslin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:44
Hi, we are moving from Access 2003 to 2013 using Windows 8.1 64bits. We used Leban's code and library to create and merge pdfs. C

Creating pdfs can be done with built-in functionality in Access 2013. But I can't find a way of merging pdfs. I've tried Leban's Dlls files but I am getting run-time error: "File not found:StrStorage.dll"

Can anyone please suggest an alternative to Leban's method. Or do I need to do something extra to make Leban's code work on Windows 8 64bits ?

Will appreciate for any suggestions, thanks.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:44
Can you post the link from where you took the code?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 17:44
Where did you register the DLL file? since your system is 64 bit, it needs to go under %SystemRoot%\SysWoW64 not the System32.

AlexTeslin

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, I know. I have copied the 2 dll files in all 3 places, In current .mdb file folder, system32 folder and in SysWOW64. Unfortunately I am getting the same error.

I am not sure if this can cause the problem. In new Access 2013 I am using built-in function to convert to PDF and then having path for those files calling Leban's Merge function. Such as:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview, , whereString, WindowMode:=acHidden
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, reportName, acFormatPDF, currentPrintPDF, False, , , acExportQualityPrint
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, reportName, acFormatPDF, currentScreenPDF, False, , , acExportQualityScreen
    DoCmd.close acReport, reportName
    Call MergePDFDocuments(filePDF1, filePDF2)

AlexTeslin

Registered User.
Local time
My theory was wrong, please ignore it. I've just tested with 2 PDF files created with completely different PDF driver and it worked on XP machine with Access 2003.

It must be something to do with 64 bits Windows, but I did try to have the dlls in all three folders. I don't know if this helps my Office is 32 bits.

Thank you

AlexTeslin

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I followed the links. I am trying to register both dlls as below:

1. Coped both dll to "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" folder

2. In command line running the following:
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dynapdf.dll"

Getting the following error:
"The module "C:\\Windows\SysWOW64\dynapdf.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found."

I am getting exactly the same error message when trying to register StrStorage.dll file.

I am not sure what else to do - this is the method offered in KB.

AlexTeslin

Registered User.
Local time
I just run my merge code again and it worked. To be honest I really don't understand what the above message meant, what Server and why was not referring to properly.

Anyway, it works and that's the main thing - this is great.

Thank you Paul for your suggestions and support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom