Method - TRANSFERSPREADSHEET is a hidden method (1 Viewer)

Bilbo_Baggins_Esq

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:09
Run-Time Error - Method - TRANSFERSPREADSHEET is a hidden method (updated)

Hi All,

This will probably seem like an odd or dumb question, but here it goes.

Our team provides a service to bulk convert older format Office files to the new formats.

When a conversion is completed, the automated tool our company purchased provides a spreadsheet report detailing the changes made to the file.
Sometimes there are none, sometimes there are many.
Sometimes it detects items that it does not necessarily change, but flags them in the report as being errors none the less.

I'm assuming the creators of this product have, over time, compiled a list of methods and constants, etc, which they know, version over version, are new/changed/deprecated, etc.

To some extent, sharing this info with our internal customer's could be a good thing, in some cases it is not.
Not the least of which reasons is, if the customer then spends a great deal of time researching these unchanged "errors" and cannot find recommendations/solutions, meanwhile the code seems to work fine, this is a huge waste of time and trouble for no good reason.

One of the items shown on many of these reports, by far and away the biggest volume report feedback given to our customers refers to TRANSFERSPREADSHEET.

Now I've personally used this time and time again, in many databases going as far back as I can reasonably be expected to recall.

However, in these reports this discovery is referred to as:
Run-Time Error: Method - TRANSFERSPREADSHEET is a hidden method

And again, while the tool is classifying it as a "Run-Time error" no changes are made.

so, I did some digging and I'll be darned if I can find anything on TRANSFERSPREADSHEET being a "hidden method" or for that matter, what even constitutes "Hidden Method".

Of course, I certainly will be taking these concerns to the vendor of the tool to ask them about it.

However, before I do that, I was hoping to gain some benefit of advance knowledge around this so I am not entirely at their mercy or have to come back to them after I investigate their response(s).

So, does anybody know what this is about?
What is a "Hidden Method"?
What is good/bad about a hidden method?
why should this tool be flagging everyone it finds as a Run-Time error?

Anything you may provide will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

TJPoorman

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
I have never heard of a "Hidden Method". This could be some sort of custom error handling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom