Monitor table records change (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:39
I have two applications which share the same back end database but they do not use it in the same time.
What I need acctually is:
When I add new record in the table, from workstation A application, I want to be able to monitor in application on workstation B, when that new record was added, and open it in the form to continue editing it.
How do I create monitoring system when new record is added in table and open that record?
Thank You.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:39
There are no triggers in Access at the table level. You will need to code some flag method in a form and watch the flag table from the other system.

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:39
There are no triggers in Access at the table level. You will need to code some flag method in a form and watch the flag table from the other system.

I'm a little confused by the terms here (flag method, flag table).
Could You explain in little more detail what do You exactly mean by these terms and how do they work?
Thank You

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:39
Two FrontEnds can not see each others variables. You need to create a table where one field is used as a semaphore (flag) which the other FrontEnd can see since both FrontEnds can see all of the saved records in all of the tables. Changing this field will alert the other FrontEnd that a change has taken place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom