Moving to Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Salinger

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:17
As the title says I'm moving to Norfolk at the end of the summer.
I'll be working just outside Norwich and I'd like some local advice about where to look when house hunting.
I've been to Kings Lynn before and went to Cromer once when we were on holiday down there when I was little but apart from that I don't really know the area well.
I've been sent this http://www.abbotts.co.uk/forsaleoffice/Downham-Market/184 in an information pack from my new employers but I'm wondering if actually it might be a bit more pricey in more rural areas?

I'd also like to know about traffic in rush hour and roads in the area.

Thanks

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 04:17
Norwich will be in the championship next season, relegated from the premiership.

Norfolk is very flat, floods a lot, the people are remote like in Cornwall so there's a lot of inbreeding.

On the news there was a traffic jam a few years ago, some tractor got stuck in a lane.

I don't think broadband has got that far, there was a norfolk village on TV a while ago who are still on dial-up. (That's true incidentally) plus mobile phone coverage is scattered and poor.

Oh, and it rains a lot and the wind whips in off the North Sea and its bloody freezing even in summer. People die of hypothermia swimming in the sea in mid summer.

Other than that, they have nice strawberries. And Delia likes it.

Col

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 04:17
Norwich will be in the championship next season, relegated from the premiership.

Norfolk is very flat, floods a lot, the people are remote like in Cornwall so there's a lot of inbreeding.

On the news there was a traffic jam a few years ago, some tractor got stuck in a lane.

I don't think broadband has got that far, there was a norfolk village on TV a while ago who are still on dial-up. (That's true incidentally) plus mobile phone coverage is scattered and poor.

Oh, and it rains a lot and the wind whips in off the North Sea and its bloody freezing even in summer. People die of hypothermia swimming in the sea in mid summer.

Other than that, they have nice strawberries. And Delia likes it.

Col

Also Radio Norfolk is the Spoof Radio station for Steve Coogan's fictional Parody DJ Alan Partridge..

Salinger

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:17
Hypothermia, inbreeding, no internet, I can't wait!
I'd forgotten about Steve Coogan and Norwich! I thought of him the other day when I heard someone shouting their friend across the street and he as actually called Dan, made me smile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom