MS Access EOL (1 Viewer)

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:28
I always wonder when will this horrendous technology will come to a end. When will the fossils at Microsoft that keep this vegetable technology plugged will decide that is no longer needed because terrorist threats, cancer and Donald Trump are just about enough...

Every time someone starts an MS Access project a little bit of humanity dives deeper and deeper into an abyss of eternal damnation... Every time someone says 'VBA' a new strain of a deadly virus comes to life... Every time an Olson's extinction veteran decides to call himself a software developer in lieu of his MS Access experience a massive hurricane hits the shore somewhere and kills thousands...

Why? Why? WHY? all kinds of perverse technologies have already died. So, why is this disgrace still around? why do these Jurassic developers insist in evangelizing this shameful aberration?

WHY IS ACCESS STILL AROUND? PULL THE PLUG, MICROSOFT, PULL THE PLUG!!!!!!

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Check out the poster's history:
...he vaguely whines about Access.

They've deleted my posts you nob jockey.

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Haters are masterbaters...

Accept the reality of your situation... embrace change, learn something new... dump this technology and I will grant you forgiveness and a place next to me in my heavenly strip club of mercy.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 08:28
The battle cry of a chronic fist-humper. There is a 12 step program just waiting for you...go find it dude, it's the right thing to do!

AWF, see what happens when brothers and sisters have sex and procreate?!?

This will be the last time I feed this attention-*****-troll.

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
The battle cry of a chronic fist-humper. There is a 12 step program just waiting for you...go find it dude, it's the right thing to do!

AWF, see what happens when brothers and sisters have sex and procreate?!?

This will be the last time I feed this attention-*****-troll.

Typical 100 year old dude...

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I always wonder when will this horrendous technology will come to a end.

Why? Why? WHY? all kinds of perverse technologies have already died. So, why is this disgrace still around? why do these Jurassic developers insist in evangelizing this shameful aberration?

WHY IS ACCESS STILL AROUND? PULL THE PLUG, MICROSOFT, PULL THE PLUG!!!!!!
The simple answer, because people use it and have yet to appreciate the alternatives. Even the grossly obsolete FAX machine is still being used.

Also consider that MS Windows and MS Access are a cash cow for $Microsoft$. No corporation is going to kill its "golden goose".

I would also add that MS Windows should have naturally "died" by now. But, as with MS Access, people do not seem to realize that Linux is an operational alternative operating system. I keep thinking of how government (City, County, State, Federal) could save big $$$$$$ by switching to Linux. But they haven't. As the saying goes: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
The simple answer, because people use it and have yet to appreciate the alternatives. Even the grossly obsolete FAX machine is still being used.

Also consider that MS Windows and MS Access are a cash cow for $Microsoft$. No corporation is going to kill its "golden goose".

I would also add that MS Windows should have naturally "died" by now. But, as with MS Access, people do not seem to realize that Linux is an operational alternative operating system. I keep thinking of how government (City, County, State, Federal) could save big $$$$$$ by switching to Linux. But they haven't. As the saying goes: "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

I like your opinion, you're probably the only sound person around here, the rest are all too old to understand whats happening around them...

I do want to say that although i agree with most of your post I also work with Windows, I build desktop applications and webapps on Visual Studio using C# and SQL Server... You can have almost the same stack on Linux these days (VSCode, SQL Server and of course C#, .NET Core) but my userbase are windows users... And there are about 500 users still paying for Office pro just so they can have this disgusting piece of crap called Access... Imagine the amount of money that can be saved if instead of giving them Access we teach them to work with actual software...

Leave Access for housewives wanting to build dick-taste recipe databases or geriatric folks like pretty much every single MS Access MVP ever.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:28
Why pay for Office Pro ? Just give end users the free runtime.

I assume that you are paying for Visual studio to do your development or are making all your code freely available as per the licence agreement?

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Why pay for Office Pro ? Just give end users the free runtime.

I assume that you are paying for Visual studio to do your development or are making all your code freely available as per the licence agreement?

No, I'm not paying for it... my company is paying for it. :cool:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Ok so how about you posting a sample of your work using Visual studio so you can show us by example.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
FYI, nfk is on a 7 day "time out" due to insulting language directed at a user on another thread. Don't expect a reply before then.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks Paul.
I'm not really expecting a reply anyway.
Just thought he could put his money where his big mouth is.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
FYI, nfk is on a 7 day "time out" due to insulting language directed at a user on another thread. Don't expect a reply before then.

I was expecting some backlash myself...guess the AWF police were looking the other way!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was expecting some backlash myself...guess the AWF police were looking the other way!

The other was reported, yours wasn't. I'm heading over there with a wet noodle for your 40 lashes. :p

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Be careful or I'll threaten you with Chianti too!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
His post directly insulted a member in the help forum. The Watercooler is almost anything goes. You'll be spared, this time. :p

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
I am a little confused because if the derogatory term was "nob jockey" I have found multiple definitions of nob jockey or knob jockey. One is derogatory the other is slang for an IT guy which is what a lot of people in the forum are (IT folks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom