MS Access hanging when switching to Design View (1 Viewer)

andatabase

Local time
Today, 06:32
Hello!
I have a query relating to switching to Design View in Forms. For me it hangs and takes ages to load.
I am not really sure what the issue as if I look for the form object, right click, and open in Design View, then it loads instantly. It is a workaround, but is frustrating that I need to do it this way, as opposed to toggling whilst in the form itself.
Anyone else encountered this?
Thanks!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
suggest a) decompile/recompile and b) compact/repair

It's possible you have a lot of code in before/after update and close events (not sure if these fire when switching views)

What happens if you switch to layout view?

andatabase

Local time
compact and repair I've done, but I will try the decompile/recompile!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
don't forget to compact again after decompiling/recompiling - and have a backup just in case

andatabase

Local time
I did the suggestion, but still encountering issues. I think it has to do with the Sharepoint tables that are connected.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Also open the VB Editor and see whether you have multiple code modules left open. If so, close them all.
Now try switching your form to design view. Is it any faster?

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 22:32
I did the suggestion, but still encountering issues. I think it has to do with the Sharepoint tables that are connected.
While using SharePoints lists does raise a cautionary flag, it's not quite clear why they would be implicated here. What makes you think that? I.e. what symptoms point in that direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom