MS Date Picker being enabled (1 Viewer)

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:23
Hi there.

I have a date picker control on my form. I have a toggle to enable & disable it. when I disable it, it's fine, it looks like any other control that is disabled. However, when I enable it, the control turns a flat white, and the control appears in the upper left hand corner of the form.

I'm at a loss as to how to handle this, as well as whether this is by design or not. Or if there is a setting I'm missing.

By the way, I am using Windows XP & Office 2003, but the database is Access 2000 file format.

Either way, any and all help would be most graciously appreciated.

As well, I have attached an image of the form when the date picker is in the enabled state. (This is after I have disabled it, and then re-enabled it)

Thanks

-Eric

Attachments

• DatePickerEnabled.jpg
    DatePickerEnabled.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 208

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Are you talking about the start and end date text boxes?

If so, change the Special Effect format of the text boxes to "Sunken" or somethnig other than Flat.

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
Hi there!

Thanks for your response. I am refering to those fields, however the special effect is I think sunken, it's not flat. I don't have the database in front of me, otherwise I would send what it looks like regular. Regularly it looks like a normal control, however, it's only when I enable it after being disabled does it do that, as well as having the field appear in the upper right hand corner?

Thanks

PierreR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:53
Could it be that you should put the date text boxes outside the Option Group?

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all of your help.

I have attached an screen shot of the form before I have enabled/disabled it. The first image I posted was of it after I had disabled it, and then re-enabled it.

Putting it in or out of the option group had no effect, as it's not part of the option group. I have even tried using a checkbox to toggle the enabled/disabled property.

Thanks for all of your help.

Attachments

• DatePickerEnabled_Before.jpg
    DatePickerEnabled_Before.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 165

PierreR

Registered User.
Local time
Try toggling the Visible property, and not the Enabled property.

The Visible property apparently disables a control less intrusively.

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
I was acctually thinking of that, however, I'm not that crazy about making object son my form disappear and reappear. However, unless someone has a solution to this, I'm going to have to go down that road.

I appreaciate your help, thanks

PierreR

Registered User.
Local time
The second part of the post may be nonsense. Guess-work. I seem to like my own verbiosity.

But try it anyway.

PierreR

Registered User.
Local time
Bauer.

What you could do is to create another object exactly in place of the disappeared object, which appears when it disappears and disappears when it appears.

You could even write a small message in it, or an icon, or anything you can imagine.

Pierre.

bauer

Registered User.
Local time
PierreR,

I tried the viisble, and I'll probably stick with it, just replacing the drop down (option 1) with the date picker (option 2).

as far as replacing the objects, etc. that's getting too confusing for me, as well as too many extra objects floating around on the form.

Thanks for your help (the visibility)

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom