Multiple Comboboxes with Query/ies (1 Viewer)

november

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:45
I have a main form with 3 Combo Boxes and Submit Button.

Combos are:
Team
Product Manager
Supplier

Current setup:

• User chooses Team
  • Requery done to qryPM
  • User chooses PM
  • requery done to qrySupp
  • User clicks submit
  • All information under chosen PM is displayed. The value of the cboPM is used with the query to display the results.

I have 3 routes to take.

1.) When a team is chosen, the PM field populates and the user will click submit. Displaying ALL Supplier information under that PM.
Good for over-all supplier increase data ($'s and %'s)

2.) When a team is chosen, the PM field populates and the user will then choose a Supplier (to see over-all changes for Supplier under that PM). Allows PM to see impact on Supplier that goes across many categories.

3.) Have Supplier values available and do requeries as options are changed (Team/PM).
If no Team/PM is chosen how will I determine to show information from ALL suppliers when the PM is value for the query is taken from cboPM?

From experience which route will be best to take?

CyberLynx

Stuck On My Opinions
Local time
Today, 13:45
Enie meenie minie mooe
I'll take em all by the toe.

Use them all if you like. Allow the option to do so if you desire. You have personally listed off three alternatives and this tells me that you can see the possible benefit to any one of them.

It's all a matter of how versatile do you want to go with your DB (in my opinion).

november

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:45
Right, but that's not a route.

Should I have a bunch of separate queries, or is there a way for me to utilize one?

Would it be smart to use 1 main query or multiple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom