Multiple-table query for form (1 Viewer)

Serendipityww

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:12
I made a query to be the source for a form. This query has five tables. Because I was having ambiguous join problems, I made a query from tblPeople, tblJoinPeopleXGroups, and tblPeople_1 (this last table is so that I can get "leader" out of the 01People table without conflicting with "group member."

The next table joined tblGroup with tblSubgroups.

The third query which was to be the source of my form, joined the above two tables.

The problem is that when I attempt to input the form, no fields come in automatically. E.g., when I enter data in the person id field, the name, birthday, etc. should populate those fields. I did have to change it from dynaset to dynaset (inconsistent updates) in order to make it updateable.

Is my query wrong or are form unable to use a query made from another query.

redalert

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:12
I suggest that you sort your table structure problems out first. If you do not then you will always have to find 'awkward' ways of doing things.

As far as the form is concerned, is the ID field bound or unbound? It should be unbound and the query upon which the form is based should use the value of this unbound textbox as the criteria in the ID field. Once the ID textbox has been updated you will need to requery the form to display the correct record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom