Navigation Forms (1 Viewer)

Christine Jackson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:23
Is it possible to add queries onto your Navigation Form? I am trying to create a Navigation Form in 2010 version (and I had just got the hang of the old switchboard), but it would appear that I can only add forms and reports. However most of the reports are based on queries so would like to be able to have 3 tiers, 1) the Form, 2) the Query and 3) the Report.

Is this possible?

thanks
Christine

Sorry, is it also possible to have this Navigation Form open up automatically when you open the database? (similar to the old switchboard). Thanks again

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 18:23
Do you mean to have a Form that will act as interface, on button click take you to particular forms?? If that is correct look at the interace form I have designed.. It is just a unbound form created by using form design.. then add the desired number of butttons.. on click event of the buttons use the DoCmd command to open the appropriate Form/Query/Report..

To make it the first opening form you have to go to options--> current database--> open form the navigation form..

Hope this helps..

Attachments

• CheckThis.jpg
    CheckThis.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 140

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 19:23
"naked" queries have no business in the user interface. This is what you have forms for. If you want to show the direct output of a query, use a form in datasheet view.

PhoenixofMT

Part-time Access Guru
Local time
Today, 11:23
To make the navigation for open automatically:
Click the File tab => Options => Current Database
Choose your navigation form from the "Display Form" list

On the use of navigation forms:
I fought with navigation forms for several weeks before abandoning them when it became clear they wouldn't do what I wanted when I published my front-end as a .accde file. It had to do with passing values between forms and changing form/control properties in code without saving the changes on close. So I still use the switchboard, it just doesn't look quite as nice as the rest of my interface.

Christine Jackson

Registered User.
Local time
Many thanks - I've got it looking pretty if nothing else. Will give the .accde file a try.

Thanks again

Christine

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:23
The switchboard is actually alive and well but hidden in A2010. I thought it was gone too and so have been importing the form and table from other applications but you just need to add it back to the ribbon.

Attachments

• AddSwitchboardToRibbon.jpg
    AddSwitchboardToRibbon.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 126

Christine Jackson

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you, thank you, thank you. That is so helpful, I appreciate it. Long term I might try and get the hang of the new Navigation, but for the moment, as I know how to operate the old switchboard, I'll have it up and running as I want in no time.

Many thanks again

Christine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom