Need an Expert of VBA to help me (Willing to pay) (1 Viewer)

Vistoro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:05
Please add me on: gfxk[@]live.co.uk (and we can discuss furthur).

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I can't email or pm you

can you pm me, if you still need assistance

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
This guy wants you to do his course work for him and is only willing to pay peanuts.

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:05
Someone once said to me "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

Vistoro

Registered User.
Local time
DCrake....I'm not wanting help with all of my coursework just the VBA code part since I have already done most of the tables etc. And you say I am willing to pay peanuts? LMAO.....you demanded out of me £100 for just some small VBA code that would take 1-2 hours at most to do. Very very very greedy person, again if someone can please help me (I'll be willing to pay a REALISTIC amount) for the amount that I ask to have help with of $15-$20. Please add me gfkx[@]live.co.uk (on msn or whatever).

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Honestly I will leave it to any other member who attempts to take on the challenge based on the information available to do it in the time indicated for the reward on offer.

John.Woody

Registered User.
Local time
DCrake....I'm not wanting help with all of my coursework just the VBA code part since I have already done most of the tables etc. And you say I am willing to pay peanuts? LMAO.....you demanded out of me £100 for just some small VBA code that would take 1-2 hours at most to do. Very very very greedy person, again if someone can please help me (I'll be willing to pay a REALISTIC amount) for the amount that I ask to have help with of $15-$20. Please add me gfkx[@]live.co.uk (on msn or whatever).

So a good programmer isn't worth £50 per hour?!!
And if you know how long it should take you must have some idea of what to do?

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
This was the brief extracted from an Exam paper

A book can be on loan for fourteen days. The due date is the Loan date plus fourteen days as shown
in Table 6.1. If the Due date falls on a day when the school is closed (e.g. during a holiday period) then
the Due date becomes the date that the school reopens. A fine of £0.20 per school day is charged to
borrowers who return books after the Due date. If a book is returned more than fourteen school days
after the Due date there is an additional £1.00 charge.
Examples:

If a book is due back on Friday and is returned on the following Monday, the fine is £0.20.

If a book is due back on Wednesday the week before half term and is returned on the Tuesday

after half term, the fine is £0.80.

Vistoro

Registered User.
Local time
£50 an hour is ridiculous, I thought you people help out for free here but as I say i'm willing to pay.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Take a look at this advert taken from a website today.

And yes I have applied for it.

Attachments

• job.JPG
    job.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 285

Vistoro

Registered User.
Local time
Well this forum is not that website...

People help each other for free here.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
On the basis that you reap what you sow, I have paying clients from all over the world, Dubai, South Africa, Singapore, Brisbane to name but a few that I have met via this forum.

I may not be an Access Guru but my input here has kept my company in business for the past few years. Doing things for free are called "Lost leaders" or "Carrots". But everything is done legitimatly and above board. This is a market place or showing off you skills, if that is the road you want to go.

Some members do it because they like to keep their skills up to date and enjoy the community of this forum. Whilst others seek the expertese of the more knowledgeable, alas though there are limits to what peopl will do for free, and everyone has their own limits.

Why do I do it? well not only am I still learning new things from reading other posts I like to pass on snippets of information and code to help users resolve a particular issue. However this does not extend to writing complete modules, unless the exercise will benefit me at a later stage.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 08:05
People help each other for free here.

HELP, yes - steer and guide, yes. And you could be the beneficiary of any number of assists, if you show that you are working on it and ask specific questions. The one thing that most of us here do take seriously is when someone comes here trying to get coursework done. If they come just wanting someone else to do it for them then, most of the time, the assistance dries up. If they come here showing they are trying to learn and understand it, then the assistance flows.

Have you noticed we don't have a job category here? There is a reason for that. The site owner is not wanting to advertise for jobs or for hires but instead keep the free assistance flowing.

So, if you cross the line to hiring help then you will have to expect to pay according to the experience level of those who you seek to hire. If you want to pay $25 an hour, you may find someone for that. However, there are a lot of us here who command a lot more than that.

If you want some other resources - perhaps the Utter Access job category is for you. They do have a specific category for that.
http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Job-Project-Postings-f26.html

So, I just thought I would give you a better explanation of what you have experienced here. I hope that it was helpful, even if it wasn't quite what you wanted to hear.

Vistoro

Registered User.
Local time
As I say, I'm at the finishing stages with this piece of work, I am fully prepared to learn and work with the VBA code, I just need someone to help and guide me on how to do it, because talking on msn would be much more helpful and I could answer questions easily on it rather than waiting for a post to arrive.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Hey Bob
Not being a member of Utter Access I did not know they have a Job Category, maybe I may enlist and you never know might get some more work:D:D

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:05
we are all ready to help and guide, for free :)
Though I'm sure many here will be happy to get some money for some Access work I'm sure none will do it when it come to a course project.

Starting bid: DCrake - £100
:D

SteveH2508

Registered User.
Local time
A book can be on loan for fourteen days. The due date is the Loan date plus fourteen days as shown
in Table 6.1. If the Due date falls on a day when the school is closed (e.g. during a holiday period) then
the Due date becomes the date that the school reopens. A fine of £0.20 per school day is charged to
borrowers who return books after the Due date. If a book is returned more than fourteen school days
after the Due date there is an additional £1.00 charge.
Examples:

If a book is due back on Friday and is returned on the following Monday, the fine is £0.20.

If a book is due back on Wednesday the week before half term and is returned on the Tuesday

after half term, the fine is £0.80.

This was the brief extracted from an Exam paper

This scenario is for a current A Level exam coursework paper. It is completely inappropriate for anyone to do this work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom