Need good application or company that build best Microsoft Access Solution (2 Viewers)

sothikvicheachann

Local time
Today, 12:33
I'm new to Microsoft Access. I'm seeking for application that build with Microsoft access in any industry just to see sample form or report in real word. Company name should be ok.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:33
Maybe you can check out the new Northwind template.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:33
I agree with theDBGuy---There are several links to Northwind 2.0 Starter Edition here.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
I'm new to Microsoft Access. I'm seeking for application that build with Microsoft access in any industry just to see sample form or report in real word. Company name should be ok.
There are two versions of Northwind.

One is for beginners who need a more basic introduction.

The other is for developers who have some experience, but who need good examples of more advanced design and functionality.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Applications tend to be bespoke and so no one is going to upload an app that a client paid for or which they developed for their employer. I've uploaded a bunch of sample databases (look in the databases forum using my name). They all have menus. Some include security. They all look a little different stylistically. What exactly are you looking for?

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Today, 06:33
Why stipulate access is my query; especially for a new project.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
I'm not quite sure I catch your drift here. What are you trying to suggest? Thanks for clarifying.

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
I'm not quite sure I catch your drift here. What are you trying to suggest? Thanks for clarifying.
The origional post though not clear to read suggests he is new to MS Access. We should not assume MS Access is the best platform to provide what he needs as his overhall objective is ambigious at best. Before we say MS Access can acheive what he needs and likely it could his objective needs much more clarity before we can be sure its the right product to use... We would not wish him to go down a path thats not suitable just because its possible and has expressed an interest in Ms Access.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
The origional post though not clear to read suggests he is new to MS Access. We should not assume MS Access is the best platform to provide what he needs as his overhall objective is ambigious at best. Before we say MS Access can acheive what he needs and likely it could his objective needs much more clarity before we can be sure its the right product to use... We would not wish him to go down a path thats not suitable just because its possible and has expressed an interest in Ms Access.
Thank you for clarifying.

" I'm seeking for application that build with Microsoft access..."

I guess when someone asks for information on using Access, that is a fairly strong indication that person is interested primarily in Access.

Why would someone assume the opposite to be true?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
That is up to the O/P surely?, otherwise we would be interrogating every new member as to why they want to use Access?
The onus is on the O/P, not the members here.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well it was a curious request. It sounded like "show me the look and feel of a sample access database".

If the requirement is just to demonstrate that an access app can look ok, then the suggestion to look at northwind might well be sensible.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We should not assume MS Access is the best platform to provide what he needs as his overhall objective is ambigious at best.
Why would you assume he is competent to develop in another tool? No one said Access was the best tool for everything. I pointed out that we don't know what he wants to do so we can't actually provide valid advice.
We would not wish him to go down a path thats not suitable just because its possible and has expressed an interest in Ms Access.
We need to know what he wants before we spin his head about the "wonders" of other tools.

Jason Lee Hayes

Local time
Thank you for clarifying.

" I'm seeking for application that build with Microsoft access..."

I guess when someone asks for information on using Access, that is a fairly strong indication that person is interested primarily in Access.

Why would someone assume the opposite to be true?
Many are led down the path of MS Access based on inaccurate information being told it will do everything they require it to do. Personally i find working with accrss 2 steps forward 1 step back... Get to a point only to find MS have broken something which cost time and money to resolve which cannot be passed onto the customer. IMO MS access only shines if you heavily rely on VB and 3rd party apps. The point i am making is that because someone has shown an interest in MS Access does not mean its the right tool to use to acheive their goal.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Ah, thanks for the prod. I know that UA has problems with older links. Time for a house-cleaning.
Cleaned up the old links. They were supposed to redirect, but some of them were failing to do so.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Many are led down the path of MS Access based on inaccurate information being told it will do everything they require it to do. Personally i find working with accrss 2 steps forward 1 step back... Get to a point only to find MS have broken something which cost time and money to resolve which cannot be passed onto the customer. IMO MS access only shines if you heavily rely on VB and 3rd party apps. The point i am making is that because someone has shown an interest in MS Access does not mean its the right tool to use to acheive their goal.
And vice versa.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
i find working with accrss 2 steps forward 1 step back...
Maybe it is you who are using Access for things that it is not appropriate for. I've never heard anyone say that Access is the ultimate software solution. Access is an excellent tool for certain classes of applications. Since it is a RAD tool, development is quick and far simpler than any other comparable platform but not if you are constantly fighting with Access because you don't like how it works so you keep having to bend it to your will. If you need to run in a browser, Access isn't your tool. If you are using Jet/ACE as your BE, you are far more limited re data size and concurrent user count than you would be if you were using SQL Server or some other RDBMS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom