Need help creating a call tracker

bigpips305

Local time
Today, 07:36
Hello everyone!

This is my first time here! I am new to both Access and this Forum.

I have been using Excel for a long time, and usually use it for things I am finder are faster and easier in Access. Thank you everyone who participates here.

I run a small audit company on the side. I have 1 or 2 agents that do compliance calls to 88 of our member companies twice a month.
I just want something simple that after each call, she can can mark if that company passed or failed, and the length of the call so I can keep a running total.

Would excel be better for this?

For the audits she records the phone calls, and fills out an audit sheet that was created in microsoft word which has all the notes and pass or fail from the call but we wanted something to keep a running total for all companies.

I just want something simple that after each call, she can can mark if that company passed or failed, and the length of the call so I can keep a running total.

Have a table that has the records of the people to be called. Add a field for time of start of call, finish of call and Pass/Fail.

Make a form based on that table. Add buttons to click on (or stand alone labels) as follows:

1) A button/label that enables the other buttons and also inserts Now() into the Start Time for the first record.

2) Two buttons, one for Pass and One for Fail and they insert Pass or Fail into the field for that record.

3) A button marked Next Record. That first inserts Now() in to Time Finish field and then moves to the next record

Then on the OnCurrent event have it insert Now() into the Start Time field, which means it will go into the field for the next record.

In a query, if you create a field to subtract Start from Finish and the answer is mulitplied by 86400 that field will show the time difference in seconds for each call.

Add one more button or label for Abort, for when they leave the phone or whatever. That will unenable the other buttons. When they come back they need to click the button that enables the others and that puts the then current Now() in the Start field for that record.

There are plenty of other things I can think of that would be needed such as if the person being phoned is not there and times/date for call back etc and etc and etc:)

But the above should give you basics.

Would excel be better for this?

There are benefits to a database that just aren't available in a spreadsheet. Especially if you want to report on previous calls to companies and see their pass/fail history. Access is also a better solution when you want more than one person to edit/add information at a time.

fills out an audit sheet that was created in microsoft word

You would certainly want to create a form that included the fields on your word document, so all the infomation is stored in the database.

Okay.. Now as I create this new database I have all of the information for the first table, minus the ones you instructed me to add in an excel spreadsheet. Is there a good way to transfer those, because cut and paste wants to cut and paste all in a single cell. I have 88 companies so it would be a bit.

Okay.. Now as I create this new database I have all of the information for the first table, minus the ones you instructed me to add in an excel spreadsheet.

Is that on this thread?

I think I worded that wrong.

The information that I want to put in the table (the 88 companies and other information like contact and phone number) is already in an excel spreadsheet.
Is there an easy way to cut and paste them onto the new table I am creating in excel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom