Dataman Tom

Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
Hi
I am a self-taught US Access Developer, with over 20 years experience creating Access database solutions. I have learned vba mostly by trial and error, and learning from sites like this. And of course Allan Browne.
I use the Access GUI for almost everything partly because my typing skills are still bad after all these years. I retired from a municipality in Massachusetts, and created dozens of systems to automate city functions. I also consult privately with political candidates to help them identify likely voters, and am now working with a local Drug/Alcohol Recovery Center to help them with their receivables

I have built and extensive code library for my use, but have no idea how good it is, but it works for me.

Occasionally I get into a vba rabbit-hole, and can spend hours experimenting and fishing for a solution, and it has occurred to me that it might be better to simply ask people who have done it before.
So here I am

Dataman Tom

Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

Hello, Tom, and welcome to the forum.

Hi Dataman Tom,
I had also worked for a city as a parks and recreation Manager. I started programming in about 1980 to automate class registrations. I then went on to create sports and facility scheduling, tree inventory, and more. This was mostly Basic and then dBase and eventually Access which allowed me to quit P&R and work as a contract programmer. No regrets about the career change.

Welcome to the forums,
Duane

Welcome aboard. Feel free to ask questions as there's a lot of people on here that can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom