New to Access (1 Viewer)

noahwayout

Local time
Today, 08:43
Hello, I work for a large school district and I'm working to organize years of complex information. I'm very good at excel which means I've spent a lot of time brute forcing things that would have worked better as a database. I'm here to correct the wrong of my ways. Thanks for this resource!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:43
Welcome to Access World! We're so happy to have you join us as a member of our community. As the most active Microsoft Access discussion forum on the internet, with posts dating back more than 20 years, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share with you.

We're a friendly and helpful community, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you have or share your own experiences with Access. We're here to support you and help you get the most out of this powerful database program.

To get started, we recommend reading the post linked below. It contains important information for all new users of the forum:

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/new-member-read-me-first.223250/

We hope you have a great time participating in the discussion and learning from other Access enthusiasts. We look forward to having you around!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:43
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm very good at excel which means I've spent a lot of time brute forcing things that would have worked better as a database

Hi, welcome to Access World Forums....

From your comment above I wonder if you might get some benefit from my blog here:-

noahwayout

Local time
Today, 08:43
From your comment above I wonder if you might get some benefit from my blog here:-
Thank you! This sort of resource is exactly why I joined this forum. I completed a course on Udemy that focused on the mechanics of Access but not enough on the theory of relational databases and how to avoid pitfalls.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I completed a course on Udemy that focused on the mechanics of Access but not enough on the theory of relational databases and how to avoid pitfalls.

There are excellent resources on "how to" MS Access, but not many that tackle the practicalities of development. This was a niche that appealed to me, and I have attempted to fill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom