no Cotten (1 Viewer)

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
Today, 11:24
Ok, wizards. Here's a puzzle.

I have a combo box based upon a query. The query uses a table of personal names, and returns only one field, last name, in ascending order, for all records containing a last name (is not null). It is further limited by using the 'distinct' parameter; so when the list drops down, I see one of each last name contained in my data table. So far so good.

The combo works most of the time. I begin to type a name, autofill tries to guess what I want, and I can either hit enter to select what's showing or click with the mouse to select what I see in the list. But not with 'Cotten.'

When I type 'Cott" I can see the last name "Cotten." If I use the mouse and click on "Cotten" that value will be indeed be selected in the combo box. If, however, I hit 'enter' to choose "Cotten" when it is highlighted the box immediately loads up "Cotton" instead! What's up with that?

Any ideas?

Matt

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
Today, 11:24
Argh!

Auto correct!?! I should have known there was one in there! Since I have never used such a thing on purpose, I didn't even know Access had one. I've already turned off the one in Word...

Thanks much!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom