Not a programming problem. (1 Viewer)

John Sh

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:33
The top o' the new year to all.
I have just had to reinstall office 2010 due to problems loading Word and Excel but Access was not affected.
since the reinstall I have a peculiar problem with queries. I loaded the 32bit version as I have had strange results with the 64 bit one in the past.
When viewing a query in design mode, if I select any field, all fields to the left are selected.
If I try to drag the selected fields to the right each unselected field is added to the selection as I pass over it..
When I change to SQL view, regardless of where I put the cursor, all text to the right of the cursor is selected.
The only way I can work on a query is to select all in SQL mode and then copy it to notepad, or similar, and paste the corrected text back in to SQL mode.
Any clues?

John Sh

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:33
Thank you for the replies.
When all else fails, restart the computer.
A second restart has fixed the problem, so some quirk of Windows 10 or Office 2010

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:33
This is has happened to me but been a long time. Yes, restart Access and/or reboot computer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:33
This happened to me a few months ago. A restart eventually straightened it out, but for a while is was ugly. Next time I'll remember to do that reboot sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom