Solved Not sure what error this is

Remember, the user should not see fieldnames or controlnames, so could just be in English, as long as you know English, and your posts seem to indicate that you do.
You can set Greek captions for them in the table, and then when added to form/report, that is what the user gets to se.

Note: If you compile, you'll find a bunch of problems in other parts of your code, try to solve those too. You can also redo the form making sure no controls have those "foreign" (to Access) characters.
I tried compiling and it asks me to put a bunch of brackets on some names. But the database works fine as it is now and I'm afraid I'm gonna screw it up completely if I do. Why does it do that if it works fine?

First make a copy of the current file.
On the current file you only have to comment the line where the error is highlighted by placing a quote (apostrophe) at the beginning of it.
In the case of errors in an If loop you have to comment all the lines of the same from If to End If.

Last edited:
I tried compiling and it asks me to put a bunch of brackets on some names. But the database works fine as it is now and I'm afraid I'm gonna screw it up completely if I do. Why does it do that if it works fine?
I did not get any message asking me to place brackets around any names after attempting to compile. Instead, it encountered issues related to missing objects and a procedure where you attempted to set a method as the value of a control.

The database appears to be functioning fine as is because none of those procedures are being triggered. It seems that the controls associated with them have been renamed or removed. However, the compiler detects that the referenced controls no longer exist and highlights this issue. If you don’t resolve this, the compiler won’t be able to help you identify other problems. The compiler is important, let it find issues and you will have a better development experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom