Nothwind database (1 Viewer)

fab547

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:42
Hi,
One friend has recently asked me to work out for him a sale and inventory management system, which would certainly need more in depth functions and macros development.
I thought that by loading the northwind database and with the help of specialized literature, I would come about all the problems I might face. The Northwind database is limited. Indeed some of the forms cannot be opened in design view, why? In particulars "products"and "employees". If any one could give the solution to make it possible I would greatly appreciate. Thank you for your help

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:42
The Northwind database is a guide but contains areas you have to read through and adjust things like telphone number masking, postcode masking and others.

When you open the database hold the shift key down and double click on the database this will open but not perform any autoexec commands which should then allow you to open the forms in design view.

fab547

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:42
Thanks Trevor. Eventually I did manage to open it. I had to choose the button Open without restrictions. I guess I now have to work my way out of this rather complete database. Rgds

boliviab

Local time
Today, 04:42
Hi

Ive got the same problem and I cant work it out. Where is the button you talk about. Ive read through every option in options and cant find it any where.
I am using access 2010 though so maybe it is different.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom