ODBC -call failed

In the meanwhile, try using an older connector (eg 5 or 8)

Thank you.
I decided to go round the problem and had a day of some drama.
I downloaded PostgreSQL to my RDP server and loved it until I tested the connection when it asked me to "supply the password" even though I had put the password in the connector form. But it wouldn't let me click in the "supply password" field and wouldn't tell me where or how to do that. There's always just one thing to screw you!!
So I connected to the localhost mySQL on my RDP server with DBeaver and copied and pasted all the table structures from the Hostek connection to the localhost and was easily able to re-import the data.
Access connects perfectly to the localhost tables and I can now do everything I need :-). Hostek have agreed to update their version of mySQL so I should be able to move back there as it is my longer-term solution. But, in the meantime, I can start work in Access.
That's a short story but it took several hours. Thank you yet again for all your help. It's so nice when it works and I am really looking forward getting back to Access proficiency. No doubt I shall be back here for help on the journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom