Question OLE server error for pdf files embedded in Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

hikergirl

Local time
Yesterday, 21:11
I'm a newbie and have not been able to locate a solution to this issue I am having. I would appreciate any help or being pointed in the right direction for a solution. I am using Access 2007 that has embedded pdf files that were created in Adobe Acrobat. When I open a pdf, I receive the following message "The operation on the Acrobat document object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." Once I have opened the file and get this message, I can no longer open the file. Please help!

sandkicker

Local time
Yesterday, 19:11
Not sure if you're still having this problem, but i stumbled upon your post earlier today while searching for a solution myself. I couldn't find anything useful in searching online, tried changing the references in the access database (from VBA - tools - ) that didn't work, but I was able to find a workaround that worked for me

Open your Acrobat, got to EDIT - PREFERENCES - GENERAL - and uncheck the box for "Enable Protected Mode".

That fixed it for me. Strangely however, i have both Acrobat 9 and Reader 10, and had to disable "protected mode" in Adobe READER 10.

hope this helps anyone else searching

celtnots

Local time
Yesterday, 18:11
Thanks, sandkicker. Godsend!

A Waterman

Local time
Yesterday, 18:11
Yes - Problem solved. Thnaks. I wonder what the tickbox means anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom