Open hyperlink from a list box (1 Viewer)

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:54
Hi guys,

I have searched this forum, google and other access help but can't find a solution to this seemingly easy problem

I have a simple table with the following fields:

tbl Report:

Repord Id
NmeReport
LocationReport - I added a hyperlink here and set it's field to "Hyperlink"

What I want to do is create a list box which shows the Reports Name and the hyperlink. Clicking on each report should open the document. I have not been able to find a solution for this.

Note: My hyperlinks in the table work fine - must be some code required ..

please help :(

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Richard,

thank you for the replying. I'm sorry for not being clear, but "reports" are just the name of documents (not the access reports). I just want to list the fields of my table in a list box (which is easy) - However, one of the fields is a hyperlink so how do I make that clickable in the list box.

thanks again

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:54
You don't have separate clickable "fields" in a listbox. You can make a subform with datasheet view, and that would give you a link to click on. Or you can extract the URL from the appropriate column of the selected listbox item in a double-click event and then use the FollowHyperlink method to open the doc in question.

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks spikepl!

what would be the follow hyperlink method? I know it's a small line of code but I don't rememeber it correctly :S

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 21:54
type FollowHyperlink in a vba window, put the cursor on it and press F1

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
sorry but it went over my head. It describes a function and all but I don't get it..

my list box has many rows - each row being a hyperlink field - how do I reference that in the VBA? :S

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Or you can extract the URL from the appropriate column of the selected listbox item in a double-click event and then use the FollowHyperlink method to open the doc in question.

how would i do that? MS help didn't help much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom