Opening database via webpage

bone head

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:28
I am baffled here, I have 2 databases, which we use on a server, and I am trying to get access to them via a web page hyperlink

One database opens fine, while the other goes through the motions i.e. message comes up saying do you want to open or down load. On pressing open nothing more happens however.

This database is quite large as opposed the other one i.e. about 30mb, don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

Hyperlink settings are identical for each in my web-publishing programme.

if i create a data access web page it seems to work ok, however there does not seem to be a way to convert forms to webpages, which would mean i would have to redo all my forms as data access pages. obviously i am not too keen on that idea.

Any suggestions

Last edited:
What version of Access are you using?

What do you want to do?
  • View Data Only?
  • Edit Data?
  • Add Data?
  • Interact with data? Show Hyperlinks? Images? Sort data? Give users ability to search (filer) a field?
Or am I missing the point as to what you want to do?

using access 2000

we want to be able to add date, view data etc.

don't really wan tto go back to square 1 by creating all new data entry pages as web pages.

we are mioving slowly to putting all our internal info etc as a website on our server. all we really need to do is be able to open the MS Access application the same as the other data base does. :confused:

Cheers for your interest and any advice welcome.

Cosmos75 said:
What version of Access are you using?

What do you want to do?
  • View Data Only?
  • Edit Data?
  • Add Data?
  • Interact with data? Show Hyperlinks? Images? Sort data? Give users ability to search (filer) a field?
Or am I missing the point as to what you want to do?

In all honesty, your best solution would be to set up IIS and recode your front end in ASP.

Many thanks,

have not worked with ASP before so back to exercising the brain cells once again :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom