Order forms (1 Viewer)

Abigail Florence

Local time
Today, 08:16
Hi

I have created a system for a client who has been using many spreadsheets until now and feels there are too many errors this way.

There are two tables. One for the weekly orders and one for the monthly flour orders.

I have made an order form which the user should be able to put in customer name, product description/code and quantity and the system should fill in the rest of the details – price, product code/description. And then it should also calculate the total by quantity*price and adding VAT if relevant. I have no idea how to do this!

Then, I made a customer orders report which the user will print out weekly. It should only show orders of that week not all the orders, but I don’t know how. This should be in alphabetical order.

There is also an overdue report for unpaid orders.

I have attached the system for you to see and would greatly appreciate any help with any of the above mentioned points.

I would also love to hear your opinion to see if it can be improved on further.

Many thanks
Abigail

Attachments

• Client system.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:16
there is a sample i downloaded, maybe you can just modify it for your purpose.

Attachments

• Order-management-database.zip
    142 KB · Views: 105

LarryE

Local time
Today, 00:16
This project will never work properly as designed. You are attempting to use ACCESS as a spreadsheet. ACCESS will not function as a spreadsheet.
  1. Learn all you can about relational database tables and how they work and how they relate to one another using Primary Keys and Foreign Keys.
  2. Redesign your project so that each table relates to another based upon the requirements of your client.
  3. Create queries based upon those tables.
  4. Create forms and reports based upon those queries.
You are a long way from being able to input any data or report on it in any meaningful way.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:16
I don't generally like MS samples and I can't say I like this one either but at least the one that @arnelgp found for you didn't immediately make me gag so I would give it a shot. The tables look good and I only found a couple of problems with the order entry process. But at least it is a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom