Output query to access table

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 07:07
I am outputting queries to access tables in an an external database ( new tables created when the export is done) and running into problems with autonumber fields, ie it trying to create more than one for the destination table.

Is there a way I can just output the data as is - ignoring that fact that any fields may be autonumbers??

Currently I have to output to excel and then import again - which defeats the purpose of me putting it to mdb in the first place.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Simply not make the field in the destination table an autonumber field...

make sure tho that it is a long integer.

Regards

Pauldohert said:
I am outputting queries to access tables in an an external database ...

...Currently I have to output to excel and then import again...

No you dont. Set up a linked table from your external database to Access (you can use ODBC). Then set your query as an Append Query and dump the results into the linked external table. no exporting. no excel. all you have to do is open the query.

Hope this helps.. ;)

Maybe I didn't explain correctly - neither the external database nor the table exist till I export (ie access creates them).

OK then try doing something like: CLng([Your field])

Regards

I could create calculated fields - which would then hide the fact that the original fields where autonumbers.

However what I have is an option to export queries as a reporting option - ie print report, view report, or export file - and then a choice of what file type - mdb being one of them.

So I have hundreds of queries maybe - I don't really want to have to go through them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom