Ownerdrawn listbox with icons size problem (1 Viewer)

CALV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:35
Hi all,

been trying to sort this small problem fo 3 days now
I have an ownerdrawn listbox which displays an icon next to the item, and displays the text in a different colour. All working fine as a standard sized listbox but if I use a larger font then the text doesnt display properly and it still scrolls as if the standard size 8 font is used. I managed to get the text to display how I want it using ScaleTransform , it works well enougn until the listbox is required to scroll but then as I go down the selected items with the cursors (project is for a mousless project and scrollbars will be hidden) it just goes off the bottom of the visible area of the listbox.
Can anyone offer a way around this or an alternate method (an easy one as I'm not an expert!) All I need is a listbox with icons, colored text, and about size 20 font.

Thanks

Code for listbox:

Code:
  ' check if theres anything there, if not exit
        If e.Index = -1 Then
            Exit Sub
        End If

'setup icons and brush etc ready
        Dim myBrush As Brush = New SolidBrush(lstfiles.ForeColor)
        Dim Icon As Drawing.Icon

'ok we'll try with 3, if this works then fine
        Select Case e.Index Mod 3
            Case 0
                Icon = New Drawing.Icon("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Graphics\icons\Win95\openfold.ico")
            Case 1
                Icon = New Drawing.Icon("C:\Documents and Settings\CALV\My Documents\My Completed Downloads\new juke\MMplayer\volume.ico")
            Case 2
                Icon = New Drawing.Icon("C:\Documents and Settings\CALV\My Documents\My Completed Downloads\new juke\MMplayer\mulmedia.ico")
        End Select

e.Graphics.ScaleTransform(3, 3)  '#######With this line removed it works fine but too small

e.DrawBackground()
        Console.WriteLine("E.index is " & e.Index)
        ' e.Graphics.DrawIcon(Icon, New Rectangle(e.Bounds.X, e.Bounds.Y, 32, 32))
        e.Graphics.DrawIcon(Icon, New Rectangle(e.Bounds.X, e.Bounds.Y + (e.Index * 25) + 0, 32, 42)) 'added the *25 or it doesnt line up 
        e.Graphics.DrawString(lstfiles.Items(e.Index), e.Font, myBrush, New RectangleF(e.Bounds.X + 12, e.Bounds.Y + 0, e.Bounds.Width, e.Bounds.Height))
        e.DrawFocusRectangle()

End Sub

CALV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:35
fixed it, just needed a MeasureItemHandler

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom